Oat flour zucchini bread is a hearty, delicious healthy zucchini bread made with just a few ingredients! No refined flour (oat flour only), dairy, or sugar!
For HH zucchini week, I thought I’d add another oat flour bread to my growing collection of oat flour bread including savory oat flour quick bread, honey oat flour bread, oat flour banana bread, oat flour pumpkin bread, oat flour desserts, and now, my friends this delicious oat flour zucchini bread.
And if I’m putting a vegetable into my bread, you know I’m also adding chocolate chips because, #balance. Right?
The other day a mutual friend, more like an acquaintance, posted she made something on Instagram, and Mr. Hungry asked me why her pans were presteine, and mine were all stained. I happen to know this person works A LOT and seldom cooks. I smiled because it makes my heart happy to see all of you getting in your kitchen, getting messy, and staining your pans! Like mine is above. It makes my heart happy!
Don’t worry. I quickly enlightened Mr. Hungry of the fact that those pans had probably never been used while I run a food blog for a living. Quarantine marital bliss in it’s finest right?
I’ll tell you what; I sure didn’t hear him complaining about stained pans as he was DEVOURING this bread. I made two loaves in a row, one for photos and one for a video (and to double test it), and they both were gone within a few days.
I honestly think this might be the best bread recipe I’ve ever made. The batter was runny, so I was a little afraid going in because I chose not to squeeze dry my zucchini shreds.
A bold move, in my opinion. OMG, but when it came out, and I finally got to slice into it, it was heaven. It’s moist, but with the right bready texture, so it’s slightly chewy. Each bite is full of cinnamon, hints of nutmeg, and delicious chocolate chips. It’s DELICIOUS!
How to Make Oat Flour Zucchini Bread
I like to start by shredding my zucchini. You’ll want a minimum of two cups shredded zucchini and DO NOT SQUEEZE IT DRY. In this case, we are using the moisture of the shredded zucchini to keep the ever absorbant oat flour moist.
Next, you’ll make your oat flour and then mix it with the other dry ingredients. If you premade your oat flour and it’s been sitting in the pantry a while, make sure to whisk it to remove any clumps before moving forward. Trust me. It will stay clumpy if you don’t remove the clumps now.
Next, mix your wet ingredients together.
Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix them until just combined.
And now fold in your zucchini and chocolate chips. The chocolate chips are optional, as in the recipe will work without them, BUT it won’t be very sweet. There is only 1/3 cup maple syrup in this whole recipe because I was accounting for the sweetness of the chocolate chips.
Let it sit for five minutes before baking in a parchment-lined baking sheet. It’s done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. BUT for the best results, you should let it cool completely on the counter and then in the fridge for a few hours.
If you like your zucchini bread warmed, warm it up after. Trust me. I know the pain of pulling the bread out and not being able to eat it yet, but good things come to those who wait. mmmmkay? I promise it’s worth it!
You May Also Like:
- Healthy Zucchini Bread (uses whole wheat flour)
- Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Muffins (uses whole wheat flour)
More Oat Flour Recipes:
- 27+ Oat Flour Dessert Recipes
- Oat Flour Banana Bread
- Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Oat Flour Honey Oat Bread
- Oat Flour Brownies
- Oat Flour Blueberry Scones
- See all my oat flour recipes here!
Oat Flour Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups rolled oats (2.75 cups oat flour)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini DO NOT squeeze dry
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor grind 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats into fine oat flour. You want 2.75 cups of oat flour so if you end up short, grind more oats into flour. You want to grind so that your oat flour is very fine. (or you can purchase fine oat flour.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, eggs, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to oat flour. Mix to combine evenly.
- Next, add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and mix until totally combined. Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Let the mixture sit for five minutes. It might look like it's too thin, but it's not, it's perfect!
- Spray parchment paper with cooking spray and line a glass bread dish with the paper. (could use a metal baking dish, but this may change the cooking time.) The paper will wrinkle, and this is the price we pay for easier cleanup!
- Add mixture to your parchment paper lined bread pan and place it on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool COMPLETELY so, it doesn't crumble. For best results, let it cool a couple of hours on the counter then in the refrigerator overnight. This will ensure it doesn't crumble!