Hi Friends! How was your weekend? Mine was short but productive! Mr. Hungry was out of town Wed- Sun evening so I had a lot more extra time than usual. I did a lot of catching up on Once Upon A Time and mindlessly watching Last Man Standing. Saturday was spent at the gym, LOVE Saturdays so busy and exciting. Then I went to Whole Foods to pick up some groceries, mainly meat, for the week. I usually rely on lunch meat and eggs to get us through the week but since Mr. Hungry was gone I thought I’d use the time to do some batch cooking and man I did just that!
For Mr. Hungry: Baked Chicken, Flank Steak, or Wild Caught Tuna Salads
For Me: Chorizo Meatballs and Veggies, Steak Salad, and Wild Caught Tuna (I eat it directly out of the can and eat veggies on the side.)
– Broccoli Cauliflower Soup with Bacon (Practical Paleo)
– Pork Tenderloin with apples and celery (in crock pot right now) with Broccoli Slaw
– Sauerkraut and Chicken Hot Dogs
– Salmon, Brown Rice/Quinoa and Green Beans
- Chorizo Meatballs (all I did was use ground turkey chorizo, roll it into balls and bake at 415 for 25minutes)
- Baked Chicken Legs (Practical Paleo)
- Grilled and Chopped Steak
- Broccoli Cauliflower Soup with Bacon (Made for dinner last night)
- Broccoli Slaw
- Pork Tenderloin (in crockpot now)
Morning Workout + Eats
This morning I slept in a bit more than usual for a week day and I’m kind of kicking myself now. I’m going into to work earlier than normal so I feel like I lost like 3 hours in the day! Oh well… this mornings workout was simple but awesome…
30 Minutes Elliptical: 5 minute warm up, 45seconds hard/45 seconds recovery
Followed by a simple arm workout of bicep curls, upright rows, overhead presses, tricep kick backs, and bent over flies. Nice little circuit burn!
Then I browned the pork tenderloin on the pan 4 minutes on each side, sliced 8 slits into it and inserted apples. Put the crock pot on low, added vegetable broth, apples, celery, sweet mesquite seasoning, cinnamon and topped it with the pork tenderloin and more seasoning.
Went off to an appointment and now I’m enjoying lunch while I type this post phew!
That’s it for today, hope you have a great Monday and rest of the week!