THIS WEEK’S HEALTHY HABITS CHALLENGE? UNPACK! ha ha okay so I’m not picking a little thing to focus on this week because I literally can barely plan meals this week. I’ve got to get to this house unpacked!!!!! I spent all day Sunday completing a continuing education class for work so I didn’t get to unpack so now I just want to stay up all night and unpack… but I won’t because that is a disastrous way to start off the week. Anyway I will be extending last week’s challenge of limiting caffeine, I’ll update you tomorrow on how it went last week! However, seeing how late this post is going up… I can only guess that posting is going to be pretty sporadic this week while I try and organize my life, house, and mind. Not sure if any of those are actually possible!
- Week 11: Limit Caffeine
- Week 10: Drink More Water
- Week 9: Focus on Making Balanced Meals
- Week 8: Be More Present
- Week 7: Avoid Soda
- Week 6: Spend 15 Minutes Playing and Cuddling with Missy Daily (my cat)
- Week 5: Throughly wash all produce
- Week 4: Meditate Daily (at least 10 minutes)
- Week 3: Get enough good quality sleep (at least 7-8 hours)
- Week 2: Limit tasting during cooking and food preparation
- Week 1: Wait one hour between dinner and dessert
I wish I had some picture for you of our moving extravaganza but we were all in focus crazy mode. I also wish I had pictures of the massive amount of pizza, sandwiches and pie I’ve consumed, then again maybe I don’t wish. Anyway, this week has been deemed Paul’s dream week of frozen food. He LOVES Trader Joe’s frozen food and I know that I don’t have time to cook this week so trying to stay as healthy as possible I loaded up on the convenience food.
One thing I noticed, my bill was about 40.00 bucks over the normal… I guess convenience comes at a price.
– Vans Waffles
– Leftovers, salads with leftovers
– Weekend Leftovers
– Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Monday- 5 Ingredient Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
- Tuesday- Chile Lime Chicken Burgers with Green Beans
- Wednesday- Mandarin Orange Chicken and Stir Fry Veggies
- Thursday- Salmon Burgers or Salmon Over Salad
- Friday- Broccoli, Cheese, and Avocado Omelets
Last weeks workouts were a little all over the place partially because we were packing and partially because it was my 50-75% week. Here is what I managed to fit in:
- Sunday- REST
- Monday- 1 mile walk + upper body (push ups, bicep curls, shoulder press, PT exercises)
- Tuesday- walk 1.9 miles + upper body (tri cep push ups, dips, tricep overhead extensions, reverse flies, PT Exercises)
- Wednesday– upper body (push ups, bicep curls, shoulder press, PT exercises)
- Thursday- Walk 1.5 miles (at lunch) + (tricep push ups, dips, tricep overhead extensions, reverse flies, PT Exercises)
- Friday- Walk 2.5 miles + (push ups, bicep curls, shoulder press, PT exercises)
- Saturday- MOVING DAY
The good news is my back totally held up fine yesterday during the move, in fact the worst pain I got was sitting studying for the test I had to take today. The other good news is I’m so sore… a feeling I’ve missed so much for the last couple of weeks! I’m hoping to somehow make this week look more like last week’s but we have a LOT of unpacking to do… I think it might be time to re-instate morning workouts and lunch time walks!
PT (physical therapy) workouts were lying face down and moving my legs out side to side 3 x 20, plus donkey kicks 3 x 10. This week I get to upgrade them to lying on my side and lifting the leg on top. Baby steps….
Upper Body Workouts are all from the 30 Day Upper Body Challenge from Eat, Drink, and Be Skinny —-> see post here from when I started the challenge.