How was your weekend? As usual mine went by WAAAAY too fast. Friday we had a Whole Foods date and picked up our first farmbox from Sunizona Farms. Then we came home and watched Nonstop – a plane hijacking thriller which was awesome. I do a lot outside of my 8-5pm job, but I don’t work Friday nights, it’s my little rule to keep my sanity. Then Saturday I went to Zumba, did some work, and then cooked literally all afternoon from 3 to 7pm. Some of it was for the hubby and his friend, but most of it was for our first Glow Nutrition Party which is happening THIS afternoon, I’m super excited! Anyways, I didn’t really do any personal grocery shopping outside of Whole Foods (the rest was for Glow).
Meal Plan (6/22)
I haven’t really been prepping ahead of time lately. I think when you have time to prep ahead of time it can help and make things a lot easier during the week. However, if you don’t have the time on the weekend then you don’t have the time, but there are some things I do that help me stay on the healthy track all week. Here is what I’ve been up to:
- Buying pre washed ready to go veggies (like salad or other stuff)
- Prep one time once it’s open. I typically take baby carrots with me to work, so the minute I open a bag of baby carrots I split it into 6 ziplock bags so I don’t have to do it every night before work. Or, in my farmbox came some microgreens which the first time I opened them I washed and dried all of them (instead of just what I wanted to use), then bagged the leftovers.
- Making extra at dinner for lunch, prep lunch as I put dinner away. There are very few exceptions to food that can’t be thrown into a salad to make for lunch the next.
– Banana and Sunbutter Quesadilla’s
– Ground Turkey Taco Salads
– Chicken Sausage or Deli Chicken Salads (my favorite is date and goat cheese)
– Dinner leftovers
I try to stick to my plans as best as possible, sometimes I end up up switching things around but at least I always have some go to meals ready in my mind.
- Sunday- Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry with Shrimp
- Monday- out
- Tuesday- Zucchini Cakes & Chicken Sausage
- Wednesday- Veggie Quiche (Brussel Sprouts, Leeks, and Spinach)
- Thursday- Mahi or Salmon Burgers with Salad
- Friday- Wing It
- Saturday- Out
Since the injury, I really listen to my body and don’t push through anything that doesn’t feel right. Sometimes I still get frustrated if I can’t work out but I always make sure to do some upper body strength or something to keep my muscles working. Here is the plan for this week:
- Monday- Physical Therapy
- Tuesday- Summer Shape Up Workout #2 & 15 minutes Elliptical
- Wednesday- 3 ish Mile Run
- Thursday- Physical Therapy
- Friday- Summer Shape Up Workout #2 and HIIT
- Saturday- Swim
- Sunday- Summer Shape Up Workout #2 & 15 minute steady run
Question of the Day:
What’s on your plan for this week?
Do you do a Sunday meal prep?