Hi Friends! Happy Tuesday! Guess what? I made it through day one of Detox, it wasn’t too bad except I slept the whole freaking day till I went in for the evening shift at work. Let’s back up, after I finished blogging and went to take a nap yesterday the rest of the day looked like this:
- lunch: ground turkey with spinach, sweet potato, and broccoli
- wake up and try to get some energy by drinking a dandy blend “coffee” with cashew milk
- get ready
- blend a UCAN, Vanilla Whey, Fibermend Drink to take the second set of Detox Nutrients with and head to work
- Ground Turkey for dinner
Technically I’m not following the detox rules on the second drink. The Vanilla Whey Protein and UCAN do not fit within the guidelines of the detox program. However, having that feels right for my body at that time in the afternoon. UCAN gives me steady energy, which I desperately need without caffeine. I think it’s a much bigger issue for me to detox from caffeine then something made from corn. I don’t really have a good justification for the whey protein except chocolate vegan max does not taste good with cran-ras UCAN. I actually wasn’t even that hungry for dinner when I got home, so I just had a tiny bowl of ground turkey.
Just in case you are wondering about the detox nutrients:
So far I haven’t had too many symptoms or side effects of detoxing. A few things I’ve noticed so far:
- fatigue (most likely from lack of caffeine and upping my workouts)
- bloating (didn’t last too long)
- diminished appetite (despite increasing my workouts my appetite has definitely gone down, not sure what is up with that!)
That’s it! Now I’m going to lay down, again, before heading into work for the day! Hope you have a good one!
Leave a Reply