Hi, friends! I’d like to share my workouts this week! I’ve been changing it up a little bit and curious to see what you guys think!
F – I did this workout with an 18lb KB and subbing a stability ball for the rower. I thought I would be insanely sore but I think I want to do it again with a heavier weight because it wasn’t that bad.
S – went to TI Fitness to get coached by my friend Emily, she came up with a smoking metabolic workout – try doing toe taps on a tire, it felt like my knees were coming up to my chin!
S- Orange Theory, Mr. Hungry has decided basketball on Sundays is a good idea so now, I feel like I need to workout on Sundays. So, I forked over the money to reup my 10 pack at Orange Theory so they can torture me on Sundays.
*I posted on snapchat about why my calories were lower than usual for Orange Theory. Since I’m not training for a race right now I did the strength training first instead of cardio. Whatever you do first should be what you want to prioritize. If you want to get stronger and build muscle then strength first, if you want to do an endurance event and build up cardiovascular do that first. My cardio is great, my srength is crap, so strength training first.
M – REST DAY – twas glorious cold, I was such a baby I didn’t even take Nala on a walk I just basked in rest day
T- I did the following workout – it was great! Inspired by my newest girl crush.
W- 4.25miles with the puppy! I started my period that day (sorry if that’s TMI but it’s a regular discussion around here given the fact that I was missing mine for so long) so I convinced myself to go with a 4-5 minute jog and 1-2 minute walk. I felt great afterward!
R – I used the same IG account for inspiration and then modified for my stupid rib.
- Inchworm pushups x 15
- 1/2 kneeling landmine press x 10 each
- back squats x 15 increasing weight
- overhead ball throws with slam ball (basically drop the ball over your head, pick it up and do it again)
- DB snatch x 10 each (I went super light since my rib has been wonky)
- Box jumps x 20
- KB lateral step and upright row x 20
- SB bounce on each side of leg while in lunge 10 each
- Bicep Curls – using the wall for support, again to protect my rip x 15
- skaters with 12lb wallball x 30
- Incline (on the bench not the floor) plank row to tricep kickback x 15 each (holy abs)
- Weighted lunge step up to reverse lunge x 12 each
- Reverse row on bar (get under a bar that is three feet above the ground and pull yourself up) x 15
- opposite arm opposite leg raises x 20 (10 each)
- alternating single leg jack knifes x 20
*My thoughts on this style of workout: This is more traditional training at its core, 8-20 reps circuit training. The upside – I feel it the next day, I’m super sore and I feel like my muscles worked. When I did this style of training with my friend last year I got great results so I know my body responds well to it. The downside, both of these workouts took me an hour and a half to complete. I think I’ll probably mesh together my love of HIIT workouts and traditional training for a while. 90 minutes is a LONG time.
F- Today is a rest day, I’ve been rocking the three days on three days off schedule. Most likely will go for a long walk with Nala.
How about some weekly favorites? There are so many things I see around the web that I’m like, okay, that’s amazing! Then I never get a chance to share it so today I’m sharing.
I really want to order these –>
- You can send your old clothes in your stitch fix box and they will donate them for you!
- I recently listened to this podcast on adrenal fatigue myths – it was VERY interesting! He basically sums up how the body may preferentially suppress cortisol in order to support certain arms of the immune system. I’m curious to see if food sensitivity testing calming down the immune response would have an effect on low cortisol. More coming on that soon!
- I’m thinking of purchasing this bag since I’ll be teaching ALL day on Tuesdays. Do you think it is worth it? Anyone have a good recommendation?
We’ve got a fun weekend ahead, Mr. Hungry wants to clean the refrigerator and put together the mini tables we ordered. I want to drink wine. Some sort of compromise will have to be made! What’s on your agenda for the weekend?