Happy FriYAY friends! For those of you who are new around here, you may not know that I teach a nutrition course at one of the local community colleges. I just got word that all my classes are filled so I’ll be teaching a lecture and two labs this semester, all online. Enrollment is definitely lower this year so far, so we weren’t sure if enough students would sign up to fill the classes, but I’m glad they did because I love teaching. I taught the lab over the summer online and went well, so now I’ll have some tweaking to do to improve on it this fall. My goal is to make the online lecture as interactive as possible, so lots of set up work to do between now and when classes start on the 25th.
Let’s see, what else? The master bathroom is SUPER close to being done, and I can’t wait to share pictures with y’all! Other than that, we are just over here hoping for rain over here, but the forecast looks like more of the same 109-115 weather, so that’s just peachy! We’ve been swimming twice a day and that does the trick to stay cool. So with that, I’m excited about the fun stuff I have to share with you this week so let’s get to it!
In Case You Missed It This Week
- Banana Oat Flour Cake
- Sunbutter Falafel Balls & Macro Cookbook Giveaway
- How to Add Veggies to Classic Meals
FREE bacon and burgers, TODAY only!
My favorite place to get high-quality meat and seafood I can trust is offering 1 pack of heritage breed bacon and 6 grass-fed, grass-finished burgers for FREE in your first box.
ButcherBox was on a waitlist for months and only recently opened their doors back up again, so if you missed out, now is the time to join!
New Meal Plan & Meal Prep Guide
Meal Prep Assignments:
- Almond Butter Chia Pudding
- Black Beans, Sweet Potato, & Egg
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Zucchini Boats
How to Get Your Meal Prep Done:
- Start prepping the zucchini for the chicken bacon ranch stuffed zucchini boats and the sweet potato for sweet potato, black beans, and eggs.
- Finish up the chicken bacon ranch stuffed zucchini boats.
- Finish up the Black Beans, Sweet Potato, & Egg
- Prep the Almond Butter Chia Pudding
The 10X Rule
Usually, when I need a little motivation and positivity boost, I relisten to the success principles. However, this past week I gave a new book a try and listened to the 10X Rule on audible. Grant Cordone, starts with a story about being fired from McDonald’s when he was seventeen for daydreaming, now he’s a multi-millionaire.
While the recommendations in this book are intense, they fit my personality well and gave me the permission I was looking for to unapologetically be me and push for goals that may seem ridiculous and unattainable to some. Definitely not a read for everyone, but very motivational for me. It’s not a book about “getting rich quick” it’s a book about persevering and putting in the hard work day after day, twice as long as you think, and staying focused in order to reach your goals.
The Coconut Collaborative
They sent me some of their puddings and yogurts to try out. And O. M. G. the puddings are DELICIOUS! They come in this tiny cup and you think, what the heck, that’s not enough dessert! But, then you dig in and it’s so rich, the little cup is actually the perfect amount! If you are looking for a healthy portion-controlled dessert, definitely check them out!
Air Fryer Meals
I’m getting better at using my air fryer! One night I made green beans from frozen, zucchini chips, and salmon (skinnytaste cookbook, although I cooked mine for double the time because I like it cooked all the way through) all in the air fryer in the same night! The cornbread (my healthy cornbread recipe) was leftover from another day.
My go-to lunch, at least a few times a week on Dave’s Killer Sprout Bread! Yum yum!
Lentil Spanakopita Burgers
So many of you asked what the green things were on my plate on Instagram! They were lentil spanakopita burgers and the recipe is a secret for now, but they are so good and freezer friendly!
I love it when you guys tag me and show me what you made! It’s so fun to see! Sarah made my crockpot meatballs and they look delicious!
No complaints about this week’s workouts! I know many of you requested adding links to exercises, but little man is already up on the monitor as I finish this post, so I added links to I think are less familiar instead of all of them. I hope that helps!
Friday (8/8) – Aaptiv Run
Saturday (8/9) – Burn Bott Camp Upper Body
Each superset was 6 minutes and the whole workout FLEW by
- half to full press x 12 (couldn’t find a video, but basically you do a full shoulder press followed by a half rep where you don’t full extend – that’s one rep, then repeat 12 times!)
- lat raises (5 single arm left + 5 single arm right + 5 Full)
- Back Fly x 10
- Dive Bomb Push Up x 10 – I subbed a hand release push up with focus on as slow as possible on the way down ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfaUWLlhvKk)
- Lat Pull Overs x 12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x4mTtYC_1M
- Front Raises (5 single arm left + 5 single arm right + 5 Full)
- Devil Press x 8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNtPyE-RPYs
- Bent Over Row (5 single arm left + 5 single arm right + 5 Full)
Finish up by doing all the exercises all the way through 40 seconds and 20 seconds off.
Sunday (8/10) – Burn Boot Camp Leg Day
SET 1 – 12-minute AMRAMP (as many rounds as possible)
- Sumo Squat 1 min
- Forward Lunge Pulses 45 seconds each leg (3 pulses to each rep)
- Hamstring Curls with towel 1 minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l3HR7vpdh0
Cardio Circuit (3 rounds):
- 20 seconds Jumpsquats
- 20 second squat hold
- 20 second rest
Set 2 – 3 rounds 1 minute each
- Lateral Lunges (1 minute on each side)
- Prone hamstring curls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHlBSI6JPsA
Mini band finisher : 30 seconds side step + 30 second monster walk x 2
Monday (8/11) – OFF
Tuesday (8/12) – Top Guns Workout (Aaptiv)
Workout was structured into 40 seconds work, 20 seconds rest, 30 seconds, 20 seconds rest, 20 seconds work and 20 seconds rest all with the same exercise before moving on to the next. You were supposed to increase your weight throughout, but I definitely had a hard time doing that!
- Shoulder Press
- Upright Rows (I subbed Pull Ups)
- Bicep Curls
- Bent Over Rows
- Push Ups
- Chest Press
- Lat Pull Over
- Tricep Push Up
- Plank and Tricep Kickback
Wednesday (8/13) – Full Body Oh. My. Aaptiv (Run Strength Combo)
Thursday (8/14) – OFF