Dear Baby K,
You are eight months old today. EIGHT months.
You are a sitting champ now. Sitting on your own is old news, now you want to stand. In fact, in the last week or so you are refusing to sit. You ONLY want to stand. You can grab our hands and pull yourself up while staying steady. Then you’ll take little steps toward whatever you want. You are not stable yet, but you’re determined!
We are working with you on tummy time, but you still haven’t pushed back onto all fours. Your doctor assures me as long as your progressing all other ways you can skip crawling if you want too. We will see what happens!
You are still doing great with food! We are still doing a ton of coconut yogurt, oatmeal, and purees. Lately, though, I started giving you some finger foods. You aren’t very successful at grabbing them off your plate yet, but you’ll eat them if Mommy hands pieces to you.
You’ve eaten a banana (right out of the peel), plantains cooked in coconut oil and cinnamon (covered in coconut flour to make them easier to grab), cut blueberries, and teething crackers. At first, you just kind of broke apart the teething crackers, but recently you realized they were edible.
Nursing is still going well, and you are still nursing 5-6 times a day. We went to see an allergist to help Mommy with allergen introduction. I won’t write about that too much here (I’ll write a follow-up post to my MSPI post in a couple of months about reintroduction) but currently Mommy is only strictly avoiding milk, eggs, and cashews in her diet. Huge win!
You are doing well on the two nap a day schedule. Your day typically looks like this:
- wake up between 5:30 am and 6:30 am
- first nap at 9-9:30 am
- second nap at around 1-2 pm
- bedtime between 6-7:15 pm, depending on the end time of the second nap.
You babble a lot, but you say Da Da super clear! Other words you say but aren’t super clear are:
- kick kick kick (I say this to you in the pool and tub)
- hi (this one is super clear, but you had only said it twice yesterday)
Speaking of the kitty, you guys are still best buds it’s no wonder you say “it tee” all the time. Missy loves to lay next to you and rub against you. She even lets you grab her and pet her. She doesn’t care; she loves hanging out with you, and you love her. You and Nala are friends too, but she is a little big for you right now!
You love to:
- ride in the stroller
- hang out sitting playing with things (on the mat or in the high chair)
- eat teething crackers or eat in general
- Read books – you can turn the pages!
- chew on stuffed animals
- hang out bouncing in your bouncer
- Swim in the pool – the only place you like being on your tummy!
- babble babble babble
- hang out with Missy “it-tee”
- tummy time
- when you can’t see Mommy
- when the stroller isn’t moving
- dressing rooms
- new people (they kind of scare you now)
Love you Baby K! Can’t wait to see what you do next!