Think of a thick layer of chocolate glaze on top of a healthy gluten and dairy free mini sweet potato paleo donut! A bite size treat you’ll be famous for!
Guess what tomorrow is? If you said National Donut Day, you would be correct, and you’ve probably already made plans to go out and get your favorite donut. What is your favorite donut?
My favorite donut growing up really shouldn’t even be considered a donut. It was a cake in donut form, yep, give me the frosting filled donuts. I often ate the frosting out of it and discarded the rest. Like I always say, kids are great at knowing how much and what to eat of when!
So these donuts aren’t far from my favorite childhood ones. They have a fluffy sweet potato base and are slathered with a thick layer of chocolate, you’re welcome!
Mr. Hungry ate the entire batch; I only got like five of them…. I know I’m DEPRIVED! Guess it’s time to make some more! He even liked the ones I sprinkled with coconut, which is funny because he is not a fan of coconut!
If you’ve been following along you know I’m hanging out in Northern California with my in-laws, counting my blessing that I have in-laws cool enough to let me crash with them a week!
Oh, and take me to breakfast, and make me food, and film my facebook live, and drive me around, and buy me coffee. Um, can I stay forever? Just kidding, that’s the classic in law mistake, never overstay your welcome. Boundaries people, boundaries.
Well, I have a ton of food sensitivity consults today, so I better get to it! Hope you guys have a good day!
[clickToTweet tweet=” #chocolate glaze on a sweet potato mini #paleo #donut – a bite size treat you’ll be famous for! ” quote=” #chocolate glaze on a sweet potato mini #paleo #donut – a bite size treat you’ll be famous for! “]
Chocolate Glazed Mini Sweet Potato Paleo Donuts
Chocolate Glazed Mini Paleo Donuts
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon salted butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- cooking spray
For chocolate glaze:
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips enjoy life for dairy/gluten/soy free
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened optional
- Preheat mini donut maker.
- Add 1 cup mashed sweet potato to a food processor and process until smooth. About 30 seconds DO NOT OVER DO IT!
- Add remaining donut ingredients and process until just combined, again, DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Add mixture to a ziplock baggy and cut off the end.
- Spray mini donut maker with coconut oil or whatever high heat cooking spray. Pipe batter into donut tray and follow donut maker instructions. Mine said to close the lid completely and cook for 5-6 minutes. Will make 12-ish donuts.
- Refrigerate donuts for at least 2 hours.
- To make the chocolate glaze melt down chocolate chips in the microwave then use a spoon to glaze the donuts. To melt down chocolate chips in the microwave, microwave in a small bowl for 15 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
- If desired top some or all of the donuts with coconut shreds before the chocolate hardens.
- Place in fridge to speed up the hardening of the chocolate.
Like this recipe? Definitely try these too!
Mini Grain-Free Wild Blueberry Donuts with Peanut Butter Glaze