Loaded chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are a healthier more satisfying version of this classic fall treat. Instead of refined flour, they are made with omega rich ground flax and heart healthy almond flour, they are also gluten, dairy and grain free!
If you can’t beat them, join them! I’m on the baking train and there is no stopping now.
Theses muffins are insane, they are basically exploding with pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips. Mr. Hungry straight up ate two right in a row and kept saying “woah, these are good.” Little did he know, instead of being loaded with refined white flour they are made from protein and healthy fat rich flax meal and almond flour. BOOM, changed your life. Your welcome.
Basically, instead of stacking carbs with sugar, these babies are a bit more balanced and a lot more satisfying. You’ll want to eat a lot of them, but can’t, because they fill you up so fast! Muahahahahahahaha
Now let’s talk about my workout yesterday. Man, I envy all of you that murder your workout in the afternoons. I went to Orange Theory yesterday afternoon and straight up felt like I was going to puke the whole time. I’m still battling my asthma flare so that’s part of it, but most of it was me being totally lame. I probably would have sucked at it anyways because it was hills day, so the afternoon haze only worsened matters. I was also almost late, so I ended up in weight training first, which makes everything somuchharder. It was the first time in a long time I couldn’t wait to get off that treadmill and out of the building. At least I had muffins at home waiting for me at home!
Speaking of that, clients often ask me whether they should strength train or do cardio first. My answer is to ask yourself what your priority is? If it’s building muscle and gaining strength, you most likely want to strength train first. If it’s training for an endurance sport or race, then most likely you want to knock out your cardio first. If it’s weight loss, I would do more mixed HIIT training. Either way, you’ll now have (healthier) loaded chocolate chip pumpkin muffins as a reward for your hard earned work when you get home.
There down right amazing. You must make them immediately.
- 1.5 cups ground flax meal
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1T pumpkin pie spice
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use less if you want or use stevia chips if you want less sugar)
- 12 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, in a food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrap down the sides occasionally.
- Once smooth, transfer to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners and fill each cup with mixture. Use all of the batter to fill 12 cups. Each cup should be filled to the brim (the won't expand that much.)
- Top each muffin with 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before inhaling.
Want to save it? Be sure to click this link to pin it!
Like this recipe? Try one of these:
- Coconut Almond Banana Bread (Dairy Free & Gluten Free)
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread (Dairy Free & Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Cranberry Pumpkin Mini Loaves (Dairy Free & Gluten Free)
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- Carrot Cake Quinoa Muffins