Disclaimer: I do my best to record most of what I eat throughout the week to showcase here at Hungry Hobby, however, not everything I eat makes it onto my weekly or daily posts. I intend for these posts to give an idea of what I eat on a daily basis but they may not be all inclusive. Please remember this is only what works for me, in my private practice I encourage intuitive eating. I encourage you to listen to your body and eat in a way that makes you feel your healthiest and best! If you think you are interested in working with me please use the contact form here.
National Zucchini Day
First of all HAPPY NATIONAL ZUCCHINI DAY! Need some ideas on ways to celebrate? Check out my zucchini recipe round up here!
Last Week’s Snackfest
I don’t know about you guys but I could not be happier it’s Friday! Crazy week finally coming to an end. Looking back at my eats from last week apparently it was a snackfest. Which is funny because I just read this article about how American’s are snacking more….I definitely fell into that category last week! It’s funny some weeks I eat three square meals and hardly snack AT ALL…. and some days/weeks are like last week….
From left to right
- – BF burrito with eggs, cheese and potatoes (ate the inside skipped the tortilla)
- – Chicken Sausage Salad with a piece of broccoli cheddar oatmeal bake
- – Work served cake for July birthdays
- – string cheese
- – carrots
- – piece of Oatmeal Crust Breakfast Pizza
- – green smoothie (1T PB, giant handful of spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 date, 1 scoop Vanilla 100% grassfed Formulx Recovery Protein Powder<—affiliate link, 1 cup almond milk, ice)
- Leftover burrito from the Original Burrito Co.
- snacks = carrots, blueberries, mixed nuts
- lunch= chicken salad
- dinner= quesadilla with deli chicken, cheese and sour cream and a bunch of slices of cheese as I was making it
- Dessert= spoonful of double chocolate protein pudding and dark chocolate
This day was super weird because I was REALLY HUNGRY all morning… like ravenous hungry… like someone had flipped on a survival mode switch. In the past this would have irritated the crap out of me, but instead I used it as an excuse to get Chipotle. If there is one thing I know that will put a stop to insane hunger it’s Chipotle!
- Starbucks feta egg white wrap and skinny caramel macchiato w/ an extra shot
- random snacks at our meeting- cereal, trail mix, and fruit
- Chiptole (chicken, tomatoes, guac, brown rice, salsa)
- lefotver salmon and green beans
- Starbucks americano and reduced fat turkey bacon egg white sandwich
- fruit and trail mix snack
- cereal snack
- subway chicken salad
- quest banana muffin protein bar
- blueberries, honey, and cottage cheese
- strawberry shake (Vanilla 100% grassfed Formulx Recovery Protein Powder<–affiliate link, almond milk, frozen strawberries)
- half a banana with almond butter before workout
- quest bar in the car to work
- half a banana with almond butter at work
- cottage cheese + blueberries + almonds + honey
- lots of granola straight out of the jar… so addicting
- whole foods goodies- broccoli and sushi (note I was literally so hungry by the time I got this that I was eating the broccoli straight out of the box in the car on the way home. You know how sometimes you see people taking a sip of something or snacking while driving? If you had looked over you would have seen me munching on cooked broccoli. Yep.)
- peanut butter cookie and almond milk
Luckily I was pretty active last week enough to cancel out some of the snacking… or maybe I was snacking because my activity level was increasing…. either way here is what I did….
Sunday- 4.5 mile run w/ Mr. Hungry
Monday- 45 minute Total Impact Nike Trainer Workout
Tuesday- Physical Therapy
Wednesday- 5 minute warm up, 15 minute upper body weights, 25 min HIIT Treadmill (covered 3 miles)
What about you? Do you ever have days or weeks you find yourself to be more in a small meals/snack mood or do you typically stick to the three meals a day schedule?
The Powerful Combination of Oats & Dairy Challenge Recap
Don’t forget to check out the Recipe ReDux Sponsored Challenge: The Powerful combination of Oatmeal & Dairy, hosted by the Quaker Center of Excellence and the National Dairy Council. Here is a round up of all my entries, you can check out other reduxers entries by checking out the link up at the bottom of each of my posts.
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
My most pinned recipe to date! I was so excited so many of you liked this one and said you wanted to try it!
Oatmeal Crust Breakfast Pizzas
My most viewed post EVER at Hungry Hobby! Yes these were just as delicious as they looked, hope you like them!
Tropical Oatmeal Smoothie
You just can’t beat the creamy texture the combination of oatmeal and yogurt give a smoothie.
Reverse Parfaits (Overnight Steel Cut Oats)
Did you know about quick cooking steel cut oats? They will change your life!
HAVE AN AMAZING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!