So about this weekend. Mr. Hungry and I tried two delicious new restaurants which were amazing. We’ve been on a string of bland and not so good dining out experiences recently so it was nice to hit two home runs this weekend!
Arizona Wilderness Brewery
I know some of you were following our little date night on snapchat, but just in case you missed it. We shared an order of the best wings I’ve ever had in my life.
Then I got the Arizona Trail Burger.
It was delicious, but the jalapeno literally set my mouth on fire. Listen, I’m totally one to hang with the big kids when it comes to spicy but this was insane. My whole mouth was on fire, so I ate a billion of Mr. Hungry’s duck fat fries to calm the fire.
After mass, stopping coffee and taking photos for an upcoming StitchFix post, we stopped for breakfast.
I got a steak and eggs dish with a side of hash browns.
Now, it’s onto today’s 52 weeks to 52 healthy habits topic.
Eat More White!
Did I trick you? Are you confused? This one is a tough one because for years the message has been to eat less of white foods. However, that message was meant for grains, not for vegetables. White vegetables are actually super nutritious, just like all the other colors! Like most vegetables, the white variety are also rich in fiber. They also have their own set of antioxidants and flavonoids which fight cancer, boost the immune system and protect the heart. Quercetin, potassium, and allyl sulfides are just a few of the unique compounds frequently found in white produce. If you aren’t a science geek like me, just read them as fights high cholesterol, fights high blood pressure, and protects the heart in place of each chemical respectively. So let’s get to cooking!
[Tweet “Think white #food is unhealthy? Think again! Make these #recipes so you can gt all the #health and #taste benefits of eating more white produce via @hungryhobby! “]
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water