Hi, friends! Not a ton to report on this weekend, it was mostly low key at home. I worked out on Saturday at home and then Sunday went on a 5 mile terrible, hot run that made me terrified for my half coming up next weekend.
On the docket today? Heading to an early workout so I can get my cooking/blog photo on all morning. I’ve got a pie and stuffing to make! Plus a butternut squash feta egg white quiche to photograph so I can eat for breakfast! So, since it was not that exciting weekend and it will be a busy day, let’s jump right into this week’s healthy habit challenge!
This week I’m challenging you to decide what the most important habits are for the holiday season, go back through the list and decide what will help you stay on track the most. For me, I’m still working on gratitude journaling but to keep my diet rocking throughout the holidays here is what works best for me:
- Water – we just ordered a BUNCH of true lemon packets so that will help me a lot, I’ve also been getting La Croix from Costco.
- Protein and produce at all meals. Planning helps with this a lot! This week I’ll pretty much be eating the same thing all week which makes life easier! Some people hate eating the same thing all week, but for us, we love that we have zero stress.
- Breakfast – Made a butternut squash feta egg white quiche.
- Lunch – Tuna mixed with hummus or avocado, side of baby carrots and plantain chips
- Dinner – Salmon, roasted broccoli or brussel sprouts, brown rice (Seeds of Change sent me a few packets as part of my Blog Brulee trip, but I’ve bought them at Costco before.) – Side note, I think having a healthy carb at dinner REALLY cuts down my sugar cravings after dinner.
- Snacks – veggies and hummus, protein shakes, iced coffees
- Limit sugar and alcohol intake. I’m all about having a cookie or piece of pie, but I don’t need to be having dessert every night.
What are your goals? What do you focus on to help you stay on track? Make sure to write them down so you are more likely to remember them! Remember the holidays can be a time to enjoy and a time to engrain all your healthy habits you have been practicing!
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water