Cheesy Zucchini Tortilla Quiche is packed with layers of tortilla strips and zucchini shreds in between fluffy savory cheesy eggs. It’s a high protein, spicy, balanced way to start your day!
Guess what? I’ve made this for breakfast FOUR times and each time I eat it before I can photograph it. I think it might be my favorite quiche recipe ever. Granted it’s similar to my basic zucchini quiche recipe, but also, oh so very different.
This version has strips of delicious brown rice tortilla baked into every single bite. The tortilla strips create a layered texture that is unbeatable. I also made this recipe using Trader Joe’s harissa salsa, which in my opinion has the perfect mix of sweet, smokey and spicy.
It is literally my new all-time favorite salsa and I stock up on it like I do frozen cauliflower rice because now that I have it, being without it is totally 100% unacceptable.
I used Trader Joe’s brown rice tortillas cut into strips, but you could use whatever whole grain tortilla is your favorite. Brown rice tortillas can be a little chewy or tough, but that’s what I think makes them the perfect ingredient for this savory cheesy quiche.
It came out with 16 grams of protein which is perfect, plus you get a giant slice packed with flavor and veggies for the healthy breakfast win! While 16 grams is a good deal of protein, it’s kind of low calorie so could pair it with a half of an avocado or guacamole to give it some extra staying power!
Cheesy Zucchini Tortilla Quiche
Cheesy Zucchini Tortilla Quiche is packed with layers of tortilla strips and zucchini shreds in between fluffy savory cheesy eggs. A high protein balanced way to start your day! #glutenfreeClick To Tweet
Cheesy Zucchini Tortilla Quiche
- 1/3 cup Harissa salsa (or your favorite salsa)
- 2 large zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- 1.25 cups liquid egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 brown rice tortillas cut into one inch strips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using shredded attachment of food processer or a hand shredder, shred two large zucchini.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water.
- Spread salsa on bottom of cast iron dish or 8 x 8 baking dish.
- In a separate medium size bowl whisk egg whites, eggs, and seasonings. Add in zucchini and tortilla strips, mix until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into cast iron pan or casserole dish. Top with layer of cheddar cheese, place tomato halves scattered on top.
- Bake on 350F for 30-40 minutes until fully set.
Serving Size 1/4 of quiche
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Protein 16 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I'd love to connect with you!I am always so grateful when you let me know you tried one of my recipes or workouts and tag me in your photos or updates. Tag @hungryhobbyRD if you make this!
Looking for more healthy and delicious quiche recipes? Check my eggs recipe index or try one of these!
Pin this for later and follow @hungryhobby on Pinterest for more healthy recipe ideas!