New Year’s Eve 2014
I didn’t get off work until 8pm, but once I did I was ready to party!
We ate mini beef hot dogs, shrimp, lots of cheese, champagne, wine, and I have a bad habit of attacking sugar on New Year’s Eve every year. Not a tradition I’m particularly proud of but I guess it’s better to attack sugar one night a year instead of nightly right? We had a lot of fun playing buzzerwezzer!
I had a yogurt to calm my slight hang over before church and afterward we made chicken chorizo, eggs, spinach and avocado, I also had a half of a biscuit.
2014 Goal Check In
So, I was pretty ambitious in setting 14 goals for 2014. My athletic aspirations did not go so well nor did my spiritual goals. However, Hungry Hobby has been on fire thanks to you guys and my professional skills continue to grow. (Especially since getting a new job!) So I did okay, I’m going to aim for less but more quality goals in 2015 (see below).
- RX Any CrossFit Workout- Nope stopped going after the injury.
- Run 5 Races at least 2 new distances- Nope except for the Turkey Trot which was not competitive. Can’t predict injuries.
- Say One Exumen of Conscience per Month- Nope
- Arrive at mass 15 minute early- sadly, nope
- Improve photography skills- I took a seminar at FNCE and worked hard to improve, I think this one was a win!
- Land Freelance Writing Jobs- I’ve been writing for Formulx Blog and Stone Soup, while not freelance jobs still loving it.
- Get Hungry Hobby a Banner- YEP!
- Move to a self hosted server- Yep!
- Go on at least one date a month and watch one movie per month- I think we did that!
- spend more time playing with missy- yep!
- Meditate- hit or miss
- stay connected with friends- I’ve done a pretty good job keeping in contact with my out of state bridesmaids 🙂
- Two fictional books – nope
- paint nails once a week- hit or miss, but now I’ve discovered gel nails and it’s totally worth the investment.
5 New Goals For 2015
This year I’m taking it down a notch with my goals but they are definitely things I’ll be focusing on moving forward.
- Obtain my NASM Certified Personal Training Certification.
- Run in at least one race semi-competitively (against myself). Ideally, a half marathon.
- Find ways to fit in relaxation either through meditation, sauna, reading etc…
- Become a Level 5 (highest level) Nutrition Coach at Life Time.
- Continue to grow the little Hungry Hobby blog with quality content.
Happy New Years Everyone!
Question of the Day:
How did your resolutions go from last year?
Are you setting any resolutions for this year?