Oh my gosh you guys last nights dinner was not only amazing but totally man approved. I liked it, but Paul actually said that it was “almost as good as KFC” I’ll take it considering the chicken was skinless and baked not fried, so ya pretty much you have to make this!
Oven “Fried” Chicken Drumsticks
Recipe slightly adapted from O Organics Cooking Light Cookbook
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks, skin removed (if you can’t find skinless, ask the meat department to skin some for you)
- ½ cup all purpose flour (or garbanzo flour for gluten free)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Combine buttermilk and drumsticks in a large sip log bag and seal, marinate for one hour (lay flat and turn over after 30 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Combine ½ cup flour and seasonings in a large ziplock bag. Take chicken out of marinade bag. Add one drumstick to the flour bag and shake till well coated. Lightly shake off excess coating and place on a lightly sprayed parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining drumsticks.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 450F for 35 minutes or until done, turning after 20 minutes.
After our big sushi lunch I wasn’t that hungry for dinner, but I packed three pieces and the rest of asparagus for lunch today!
Random Weekend Eats
Cheese on Toast —> summer go to meal when I don’t feel like turning on oven
Crunch Roll from Pacific Gardens
I think I need to go back to setting my alarm way across the room so that I have to get up to turn it off because I definitely turned it off this morning and went back to sleep…. and missed my workout session, now I’m going to have to hit it up after work. I hate that because it makes my night so much shorter, but oh well I can’t do anything about it now, at least I’m starting this Monday off right with a full night of sleep!
Question of the day:
How many alarms does it take for you to wake up?
How many times do you hit the snooze button?
Usually I hit it once, unless I set it across the room then once I’m up I’m good to go!