On Christmas morning I made a holiday crustless quiche that everyone loved! I was determined to get some veggies in at breakfast so we actually ended up making two crustless quiches, one pack with veggies and the other pretty much the same, but without veggies. It’s funny, when family comes to visit you want to make sure there is something for everyone. You want to make sure that every one is happy, and for me, I want to make sure there are healthy options to balance the treats. To my surprise the veggie packed quiche was first to go, everyone loved it and gobbled it up! You can’t see it, but I’m doing a touchdown victory dance for the healthy win!
You know what I love about crustless quiches? You don’t have to worry about burning the crust, they are filling, they taste amazing, they are simple and they can feed a ton of people! You can almost never go wrong with a quiche, regardless of what combo you try, you’re almost sure to have a win on your hands! (Maybe that’s why there are a 101 million quiche recipes on Hungry Hobby, so easy even I can make it up!) That’s also why I wasn’t worried at all when I opened the fridge and started pulling random cheese, meat, and veggies out…. quiches are always a win!
I rarely make quiche anymore because Mr. Hungry has a pretty high sensitivity to them, so it was a fun Christmas treat!
I definitely had tons of fun photographing it with my new camera too! As always, let me know if you try it, I’d love to hear what you think!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack (divided)
- 1 green onion sliced
- garlic, onion, black pepper, salt seasonings
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a pie plate or 8x8 baking dish (pam, butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, etc...)
- Prepare vegetables- slice zucchini about 1/4 inch thick into rounds, do the same with the two tomatoes.
- Beat eggs with half and half and seasonings. I usually just sprinkle the above seasonings in, about 1/2tsp to tsp is a good start depending on how much you love the seasoning. I go a little easier on the garlic, but I know other people love it. Feel free to make it your own!
- Mix in 1/2 of the cheese into the egg mixture.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into a pie dish or 8x8 baking dish.
- Layer zucchini in one layer in egg mixture, top with another layer of tomatoes. Top the veggies with the rest of the egg cheese mixture.
- Now layer in the ham(just sprinkle it on top it will sink into the eggs just fine).
- Spread the remaining cheese over the top and sprinkle with the green onions.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F or until eggs are set. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
You could easily leave out the meat if your vegetarian or use another meat like breakfast chicken sausage if you don't eat pork and this would still be DELICIOUS!
Nutrition facts in case you are interested per serving (makes 6) of crustless quiche, please keep in mind these are only an estimate:
Calories: 251 PRO: 22g FAT: 18g CARB: 6g