Hi, friends! It’s been a fun and quick week over here! Two things before we do the blog thing with fitness and favorites:
- Don’t forget to enter the Maple Hill Creamery Yogurt Giveaway! I’d love it if some of you made those pancakes and tagged me with your carrot cake goodness!
- Don’t forget to check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel! I’m still trying to get to 100 subscribers, come on and help a sister out! I’m giving away an Amazon gift card and free nutrition counseling so get on it!
- Arizona friends don’t forget check out how to get 50 free entrees at fabulous AZ restaurants across the valley!
Alright, let’s do the Friday thing!
Friday Fitness Recap
So after finally figuring out what was going on with my shoulder I was feeling super frustrated and all over the place with workouts. Trying to lose my hormonal wine weight gain from amenorrhea recovery and too much winter fun, and was getting super frustrated feeling like I was making progress about as slow as molasses. (I’m going to share seed cycling plus an update this next week.)
I met up with my friend to help him with a project for school (he is getting his Master’s) about nutrition timing for power lifters. I was complaining to him and he made a good point, you have to track your progress if you want to see results. Moreover, you have to do something you can track if you want to see progress. (Every good coach always needs a coach.) Doing random workouts all the time is great to just get your sweat on but you might not see the results you are looking for since you will likely do the same things over and over again. Since he is a master corrective exercise trainer and strength coach/athlete, I asked him to write me a program. I paired that with a killer locked down nutrition program and saw immediate results this week. Last summer when I worked with him I got killer results, despite having zero hormones for recovery so I’m super excited to see what could happen when I have hormones! I haven’t asked him if I can share the program he wrote for me yet, so I’ll share next week if I can!
- Friday: Did this workout, but at the end, I added in sets of one-sided farmers carries it between each round.
- Saturday: Ran 3.5 miles with the pup! I think we forgot our sweaty pic though, how sad!
- Sunday: Workout 1 Week 1
- Monday: Workout 2 Week 1 + Chiropractor
So I got really excited about being able to fix my shoulder/back pain and went balls to the walls. Then I got excited to start my new program and just kept going with no rest days. I ended up face planting while doing corrective rotating plank things at the chiropractors. My bicep just kind of locked up and then gave out, it still kind of hurts so I took a couple days off. Redesigned my program so I’ll do lift/HIIT, lift/HIIT, cardio, OFF and repeat for the next three weeks. No five days in a row nonsense.
- Tuesday: OFF
- Wednesday: OFF
- Thursday: Workout 2 Week 1 + 10 Minutes Sprints (30 seconds 8.8mph/30 seconds off)
This week was all about things I love from Costco, which is pretty much every week!