Hi, friends! How was your weekend???? Saturday morning we took Nala on a super long walk. Going on long walks with friends or my hubby is one of my favorite things to do, it gives you so much time to talk while exercising! We spent the rest of Saturday doing errands and then hanging out by the pool, I even read a magazine at one point!
Sunday started early with mass at 7am. We like to start our weekends early so we make the most of them.
I cooked and photographed yesterday’s Healthy Paella recipe.
I finished a new epic treadmill workout that I can’t wait to share soon and got a ton of work done before heading out to meet my mom for dinner at Hula’s in downtown Phoenix. But first, we had to drive through the dust storm to get there…
We had never been there before but everything was epic, I would absolutely recommend going there again despite our less than optimal service. We started with fish bites and shrimp spring rolls.
I ordered the Jamaican Jerk Mahi, which came with a side of rice, fried plantains and sweet plantain corn bread. I say when it finally came because the server came over (who was great given the situation he was in) to inform us that the cooks had a family emergency and had left, so the food would take a bit longer than expected. Second, I asked for a sub of broccoli instead of rice, but given the kitchen situation, I guess I was lucky to have my food. Third, it was well worth the wait, it was delicious! I am now on a mission to make plantain cornbread! Yum yum, it totally reminds of the food we had in Hawaii!
You Are What You Repeatedly Do.
Congrats, you are officially over 2/3 of the way done with your healthy habit challenges! If you have been following this series you have had time to develop at least 30 new healthy habits so far. Stop right now and pat yourself on the back, that is an insane amount of healthy habits! Even if you weren’t perfect, even if you forgot about some of them, you now are empowered with the knowledge of what healthy habits are essential to staying trim, fit, and having optimal energy.
With my Hungry Hobby RD clients, we set goals at the end of every session. These are focus areas that will make the biggest impact in helping my client meet their goals. Since I take a functional and integrative approach to nutrition counseling my clients have all types of goals. Sometimes it’s to improve energy, improve a condition, to lose or to gain weight, balance hormones, to improve sports performance or more than likely a combination of those things. During the goal-setting process I always ask them to the following question:
What is the one thing you could focus on the next few weeks that would make the biggest impact at helping you meet your goals?
Remember, Aristotle said “You are what you repeatedly do.” Therefore, success is really just the result of the habits you chose to make.
What is the one habit that will make the biggest impact on your goals this next week? Do you still struggle with drinking water, getting enough protein, or sleeping enough? Are you eating breakfast or choosing high-quality carbohydrates? Research shows that if you do something for 13 weeks it will become a habit you will have for the rest of your life. What is one healthy habit you want for the rest of your life?
Once you’ve got it:
- Write it down.
- Tell someone.
- Track it every single day.
Now go crush it this week with the most intense focus you’ve ever had!How to create more #success with #focus. You are what you repeatedly do, not what you do once!Click To Tweet
52 Healthy Habits E-Course
Want healthy habits to come directly to your inbox? No problem!
The e-course will provide supportive information such as tips and tricks to help you ingrain each healthy habit as part of your permanent lifestyle.
Cost of the automated series is $9.99 which helps me cover the cost of automating the emails through my server. Thanks!
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 52: Healthy Habits Wrap Up
- Week 51: Nightly Reflection
- Week 50: Limit Harmful Chemicals
- Week 49: Find Your Tribe
- Week 48: Cultivating Positivity
- Week 47: Healthy Thanksgiving Tips
- Week 46: Check In
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water