Two a days… what’s going on here? Don’t worry, I doubt it will become a “thing”… just wanted to share with you this delicious oatmeal you guys seemed to really like on IG (<—-check it out for behind the scenes action). It’s perfect for those of you that need a higher protein, higher carb recovery meal post run or endurance training. The extra protein and healthy fat also ups the filling factor so runger doesn’t get a hold of you! #rungerisreal
Chocolate Sun Butter Recovery Oats
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (can be whatever brand, you may want to use a full scoop if you need the extra protein)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1-2T sun butter or TJ’s sunflower seed butter, (you’ll want a sweeter one or you may need to add stevia depending on taste preference)
- 1T granola
- 1/2 banana for topping
- Mix protein, oats, and milk. Let sit for at least 1 hour in the fridge, or overnight to make it “overnight oats.”
- Heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave (if desired can be eaten cold, but your sun butter won’t melt.”
- Top with required toppings- sun butter and optional toppings: granola and banana
Nutrition facts estimate, calculated on calorie count.
Keep rocking your week, the weekend is in sight!