Good Morning Friends! Happy Wednesday! Yesterday was so much, we did all day Grocery Store Tour’s at Whole Foods. It was one of those days that was really long, but worth every moment. This morning, I started off my favorite way to start the middle of the week, with Hot Yoga! Followed by a delicious breakfast of breakfast quinoa! After talking about quinoa all day yesterday I was craving it big time today!
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa, although similar to “whole grains” in macronutrient content, it is actually a seed. 1 cup of cooked quinoa contains about 170 calories, 30grams carb, 5grams of fiber, 5grams protein, 3 grams of fat. Therefore, it is a carbohydrate source higher in protein and fiber than many other sources.
How do you use Quinoa?
- 1 heaping 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa (I used half almond milk and half water, plus cinnamon and stevia to cook mine)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice (I used Thorne Whey Isolate)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk)
- toppings of choice: nut butters, slivered almonds/nuts, and seeds are great options! (
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Combine quinoa with vanilla protein, milk and toppings.
So yummy I topped mine with some (okay a lot) of Nutzo for a healthy fat that will help keep be full! Definitely a warm comfort friend to oatmeal but a nice little hearty change! Hope you have a great one!