Hi Friends! Hope you had a great weekend, I know I did! One of my favorite parts about the weekend? All the time spent grilling! If you were following along on snapchat (hungryhobbyrd) you saw how much fun we had making these delicious melty gooey Artichoke Dip Stuffed Grilled Turkey Rolls.
Turkey In Unexpected Ways
We all think of turkey as a mainstay in November for Thanksgiving, but it often unfairly gets passed over and forgotten about the rest of the year. Turkey is a healthy option for grilling. All cuts of turkey are full of lean protein as well as minerals like selenium, phosphorus, zinc and iron. Think of it as the perfect blank canvas to bring out all your favorite flavors of summer, especially those found on the grill. This weekend I was craving gooey cheesy spinach artichoke dip!
I took these turkey cutlets and used a meat tenderizer to make them into thinner patties. Once they were thinned out a bit, I spooned the spinach artichoke dip (store bought) across the patties to make a cheesy irresistible center.
Once thinned out and stuffed they easily rolled up and were ready for the grill.
The grill was ready to go so I placed them directly on the rack and put the lid on to help them cook evenly. A tip I got from the National Turkey Federation (NTF)! They took about 10 minutes to cook all the way through and reach 165F.
I’m excited to bring this simple and delicious two ingredient grill recipe as part of my collaboration with the National Turkey Federation. NTF has served as the national advocate for the turkey farmer and processors for more than 75 years of its history, advocating turkey as a healthy and delicious staple.
- 1lb turkey cutlets
- 8-10 tablespoons spinach artichoke dip
- Lay saran wrap down on counter or cutting board. Place turkey cutlets on top of saran wrap and place a second layer of saran wrap on top.
- Using a meat tenderizer, smash meat down to 1/4 inch thick. You want them thin enough to roll, but not so thin they will tear.
- Spread 1T of dip across each cutlet and roll them up.
- Grill cutlets until they reach internal temperature of 165F