I don’t know about everyone else, but during the long weekend, I slept like 10 hours a night. It. Was. Awesome. In fact, I slept so much that I had a hard time falling asleep last night, so hopefully those banked hours come in handy….Last week, I found a match made in heaven (as far as oatmeal goes), PUMPKIN BUTTER + ALMOND BUTTER = fantastic. For some reason I am OBSESSED with the combo of pumpkin and almond, the flavors compliment each other incredibly well. I wake up craving it and can’t wait to finish getting ready so that I can eat it! Here is the recipe I promised!
– ½ cup oats (use gluten-free if desired)
– ¼ cup pumpkin
– 1 tbsp pumpkin butter
– One tsp chia seeds (do not omit)
– ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk w/ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
– ¼ scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
– 1 tbsp almond butter
– 1 tbsp almond or pepitas or both
– Liquid Stevia (to taste, I used 2 drops)
– 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Combine oats, chia, pumpkin, pumpkin butter, cinnamon, protein powder, and almond milk in a bowl. This is what mine looks like before I put it in the fridge.
2. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Heat (if desired) for one minute, stir, and heat for another 30 seconds.
4. Top with almond butter, pepitas, and/or sliced almonds.
*If you take your breakfast on the go like I sometimes do, mix the almond butter in step one. Top with desired toppings and refrigerate overnight. It will be ready to go for you to grab in the morning and heat (if desired) at work (or wherever).
Nutrition Facts including almond butter and one tablespoon of pepitas as a topping.
Like this one? Check out my other super easy and delicious overnight oats recipes: