This two ingredient pancake is the fastest, healthiest, and most filling pancake you will ever make! It is absolutely a staple in my house and I’m sure it will be in yours too! Gluten & Dairy Free
Hi! Happy Wednesday! How is your morning going so far? If all goes well right after this post publishes I’m off to walking the dog and then getting in a quick workout. I used to workout in the afternoon all the time, but lately, it’s just been too stressful to stop what I’m doing and get it in. Plus, it’s freaking hot, so there is that. After all that is done, I’m bringing back this pancake for breakfast! It’s really similar to my high protein pumpkin pancake but simplified.My sister in law actually reminded me of this recipe. She makes it all the time and mentioned maybe a photo update was in order for August and I couldn’t have agreed more!
Two Ingredient Egg White Pancake
Yield 1 pancake
This two ingredient pancake is the fastest, healthiest, & most filling pancake you will ever make! It's your new fav breakfast you can't get enough of!
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 small banana
- optional: stevia drops (or sweetener of choice), cinnamon, vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- toppings: nut butter (I love my crazy easy homemade peanut butter with flax, sunflower seed butter, I find almond butter is a bit bland on this one but you can try it!) are fantastic healthy fats!
- Cut your banana in half. Mash one half until smooth-ish consistency in a small bowl, then add egg whites. Whisk in cinnamon, stevia and vanilla extract if desired (makes it a bit sweeter and more flavorful.)
- Grease pan with cooking spray or butter. Pour mix into the pan and then turn on the heat to medium (careful not to turn it up too high or pancake with char before it's set). Let pancake set while the pan and pancake heat up. I usually put away dishes or do something else so I don't have the urge to flip it too early! After about 5 minutes (when the pancake is almost set), spray with cooking oil spray and flip. Flipping takes a bit of practice but the great thing is if you miss your first couple tries this is just as delicious as a scramble. You can then flip back and forth until fully cooked, top with the rest of the banana and desired other toppings! I LOVE it as a mode for different types of nut butter.
Cuisine American, Paleo
Serving Size 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 26 g
Protein 21 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Provides roughly 20 grams of protein and 26 grams of carbs. I like to add nut butter to my pancake for healthy fat to help keep me full all morning. I’ve written before how I balance my macronutrients (ratios of carbohydrate, fat, and protein) by choosing whole eggs or egg whites depending on what I’m craving and wanting to get out of the meal in case you’re curious.
PSSST I’m obsessed with my green pan, back in the day I used a small stainless steel pan. I don’t know how I got these pancakes to flip back then, but it’s much easier with a non-stick pan!
7 Ways to Make Wednesday Great!
Is today a blah day? It’s up to you to fight for positivity, here are 7 ways to make today great!
- Jam out on your commute by listening to uplifting songs like these ones or these ones.
- Make a list of things you are grateful for.
- Make a list of things you have already accomplished this week and what you would still like to accomplish this week.
- Tell someone you love them and smile, sometimes an attitude change can happen from the outside in (instead of the inside out.) Starting with outside kindness acts gravitate to true genuine feelings inward.
- Set an intention to go out of your way for someone today. (see above)
- Treat yourself! Why pain through until Friday to give yourself something awesome? Fridays are already awesome, give yourself that special boost on Wednesday to get through the day.
- Check out these 13 Steps to Get Through Your Rough Day
Like this recipe? I love pancakes too, check out some of these or the pancake recipe index!