Stress can be a killer during the holidays, it affects every facet of our attempt at healthy living. One of the best ways to fight stress this next week is to make sure that you are making time for yourself. I put together 10 ideas of things you can do for yourself to help bust holiday stress! Less stress means more energy to enjoy the fun stuff and a better ability to maintain your healthy way of living!
- Sauna/Steam Room- The Sauna can be a great tool to help remove toxins like heavy metals, cleanse the pores and get rid of dead skin cells. Get 10 minutes to yourself in an a blood flow stimulating environment which can ultimately help you maintain internal temperature and fluid balance. Here is a great article about the benefits of the Sauna and how to get started.
2. Aromatherapy – essential oils are a great way to help relax, relieve tension and anxiety. An aroma therapy bath can be a great stress reliever after a long day of holiday shopping! (Here is another great article about how to use them!)
3. Sound Therapy – Nature sounds can help promote peace and relaxation. You could also just take 10 minutes out of your day to listen to a special calming playlist!
4. Light Therapy – a tool used to modify mood with the use of different colors.
Like the sound of Aromatherapy, Sound Therapy and Light Therapy? I found out about them because I was looking at buying this cool Aroma Diffuser as a Christmas Present for someone, maybe myself you never know!
6. Get a Massage- The benefits of massage for physical tension and emotional stress relief are unmatchable, splurge on yourself to keep your sanity.
7. Dry Brushing- Sloughs off dry skin and stimulates the lymphatic system to remove toxins.
8. Give Yourself a Mini Facial- Face masks take 15-20 minutes at most and can leave you feeling invigorated and restored.
9. Go For A Short Walk- If life feels chaotic try walking it off, a 15 minute bout of exercise can help clear your mind and boost your energy!
10. Play with the Pets- 10-15 minutes of playing with the pets can help you burn off some stress and relax a bit, so don’t forget them during the busy holiday season!